Friday, December 6, 2013

It has been a while.  Its winter now and cold, the heat has been on for 12 hours, the cat is sleeping by my feet, I am bundled up.  Oh to be in Hana.  Or Hilo.  Or Hanalei.  I have Hawaiian weather on the cell phone, its always warm there.  Not necessarily nice, but warm.  Oh you get 82 degrees which is great but it can be 82 with torrential downpours and heavy wind.  The locals love it when they get snow on Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa, and I guess it gets onto Haleakala sometimes, too.  The cold weather here will ease off gradually, its supposed to be in the 70s late next week.  Rain wind and cold tomorrow.  Oddly, I like that.  I like hearing the rain pound down.  Makemake au lohe a ka haule o ke ua i ke kapoko a i na pukaaniani, a i ka makani i na pama.

No comments: